Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Natural Hair

Over the past several months I have become extremely interested in the natural hair movement that has gained so much popularity among black women.  Several years ago my wife and I enjoyed watching Chris Rock's "Good Hair," and it gave us much to think about and discuss.  Discussions about black or African hair are often fraught with tension and negativity because historically black people have been taught or conditioned to believe their hair is unattractive. 

I'm glad to see that this diseased way of thinking is becoming less common due to the natural hair movement.  This is an exciting time for black beauty and health, and I look forward to exploring the journey that many people (women in particular) have undertaken in order to embrace their natural beauty, and experience a healthier way of living.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home