Tuesday, December 04, 2012

A Conversation

Tonight I spoke with a dear friend for about an hour. We talked about writing, today's publishing industry, how life has been for us during the past year, and several other things. But the portion of our conversation that struck me most dealt with prayer. My friend encouraged me to pray consistently to discover my purpose. I'm not much of a pray-er these days. I still do pray, but I find it difficult for a number of reasons (more on that another time). I found her thoughts on prayer encouraging and refreshing in ways that I usually don't when people discuss prayer.

I think tonight's conversation was different because my friend linked prayer with imagination. She reminded me of the things we wrote as children, and how we imagined what our futures would be like. And she offered this admonition: "Pray and imagine." I'm still trying to wrap my head around the meaning of that phrase, but I understand it enough to believe that it's a timely message for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home