Sunday, March 05, 2017

Forgiveness

For the last few months, I've been on a journey of self-discovery and growth. It has been difficult because it involves separation from loved ones, a prolonged process of forgiving, and developing new thinking habits. It is truly one of the most difficult undertakings of my life, if not THE most difficult. I would not have chosen this path, but circumstances required it.

An essential component of my journey is learning to let go of anger, grudges, and past hurts. For many years I didn't understand that I had the habit of holding grudges. I had no idea that I was an unforgiving, angry person. Usually, the anger was kept deep down inside. Few people knew about it because I tend to be outgoing and charismatic. I make friends easily.

But the truth of the matter is that I developed the habit of holding on to offenses many, many years ago. I remember holding grudges when I was in elementary school. This habit has harmed many of my closest and most important relationships, and late last year, I decided to embrace a new way of living. This is no easy task. As I said earlier, it has been one of the most difficult undertakings of my life.

For me, forgiveness is paramount. It is absolutely essential. I am growing, little by little, to understand that I need to let go of offenses (both real and perceived) in order to live a fulfilling life. So I continue on this journey with hopeful expectation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home